Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO MODDERS - NO CHEATS - JUST FUN GAMING AND BANTER ON XBOX LIVE

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Visitor Counter
FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions? Labels=0
Toasty’s Twitter
Follow ToastyHDGamer on Twitter
SaNdMaN Twitter
Follow iafrazieron Twitter

FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
SaNdMaN
Administrator

LNG Points : 1982
LNG Rep : 16

FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions? Empty
PostSubject: FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions?   FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions? EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 07:29

Just a reminder that the FIFA 12 Demo should be available to download from the Marketplace from 10am this morning.

I won't be able to download it till I get in from work, so I'd appreciate any feedback from you lucky so-and-so's that get to play on it during the day...

Last edited by LNG SaNdMaN on Tue 13 Sep 2011, 17:11; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://thelatenightgamers.forumotion.co.uk
KoreanZombie88

LNG Points : 131
LNG Rep : 1

PostSubject: Re: FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions?   FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions? EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 12:20

Just downloaded it and played my first game there, Dortmund v Arsenal like tonight's game Smile
It's pretty sweet but definitely plays a lot different than FIFA 11.

The new defending system will probably take a while to get used to. I found it hard enough to score as well. My match ended 0-0 and I had no chances at all playing on Professional. Usually I'd play World Class. I won on penalties then. They're the same as FIFA 11.

They've got most of the player likenesses down good as well, in Arsenal anyway, apart from Szczesny who looks nothing like him lol. Hopefully they'll update a few more by release. They did last year, RVP looked nothing like him in the demo. The teams aren't up to date either. We still have Fabregas and Nasri...
Back to top Go down
SaNdMaN
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions?   FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions? EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 12:23

How does the defending differ?
Back to top Go down
KoreanZombie88

PostSubject: Re: FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions?   FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions? EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 12:23

Oh, the commentating is different of course as well. Was kinda weird because I'm so used to Andy Grey but it makes a nice change this time around...
Back to top Go down
KoreanZombie88

PostSubject: Re: FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions?   FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions? EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 12:28

They have that new tactical defending system now. It's all aiming towards getting in the right postions intead of just pressuring your opponent to win the ball. You have to 'jockey' your opponent away from goal scoring positions.

You can just run in but it's easy to give away fouls if you're not careful. The standing tackle button has now changed to B also. But if you're behind or running along side your opponent you can press B to pull their shirt or push them...
Back to top Go down
SaNdMaN
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions?   FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions? EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 12:35

That IS going to take some getting used to.

I'll start it off downloading when I get in and have a play later. It'll be interesting to see how it works in Pro Clubs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Toasty
Site Founder

LNG Points : 1195
LNG Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions?   FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions? EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 13:28

i hope it will be better in pro clubs
Back to top Go down
SaNdMaN
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions?   FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions? EmptyTue 13 Sep 2011, 17:16

Having played a few games now, I'm undecided. On the plus side, I like what they've done with the presentation. Substitutions are much better, and I much prefer the new pre-match screens for kit selection.

As for the gameplay, I'm not a big fan of the Tactical Defending, although I probably just need to get used to it. At least you have the option of changing back to the Legacy Defending. My biggest gripe is that it all feels a bit sluggish compared to FIFA 11. I know it's only a demo, but after 3 games, I'm not overly convinced it's a step forward. I'll have to give it a few more plays.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions?   FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions? Empty

Back to top Go down

FIFA 12 Demo: Opinions?
Page 1 of 1