Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NO MODDERS - NO CHEATS - JUST FUN GAMING AND BANTER ON XBOX LIVE

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Visitor Counter
Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? Labels=0
Toasty’s Twitter
Follow ToastyHDGamer on Twitter
SaNdMaN Twitter
Follow iafrazieron Twitter

Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?

Go down 
+2
Toasty
SaNdMaN
6 posters
AuthorMessage
SaNdMaN
Administrator

LNG Points : 1982
LNG Rep : 16

Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? Empty
PostSubject: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 13:38

The Blu-Ray bit I can understand, but a system to prevent you from playing pre-owned games??? The successor to online passes?

Rumor: Next Xbox conatins Blu-ray, anti-used system

An industry source has told Kotaku that Microsoft’s next Xbox will contain Blu-ray as its disc technology, and that it’ll introduce Kinect 2; and that it’s to contain some kind of anti-used game technology.

Such support would be a substantial data storage upgrade over 360's current DVD model, which can only support up to 9Gb max. Blu-ray, on the other hand, can support up to 25Gb on a single-layer disc, and up to 50Gb on dual-layer. Previous rumors peg the system to also ship with DVR functionality.

The source from the Kotaku report implied that Microsoft plans to incorporate an anti-used game application into the next Xbox. However, information on how such a scheme would be administered is unknown at this time.

Another chatterer has told Kotaku the next-generation of Kinect sensors will ship with the console, and that motion sensor will contain its own on-board processor – tech which was originally planned for the first iteration of Kinect.

The firm is also supposedly making the controller smaller than the one used with Xbox 360.

Add all of these rumors to yesterday’s, which stated the next Xbox would contain six times the processing power of 360, and you have a broader picture of what “Xbox 720″ is rumored to include under the hood. Maybe.

Source
Back to top Go down
https://thelatenightgamers.forumotion.co.uk
Toasty
Site Founder

LNG Points : 1195
LNG Rep : 8

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 15:15

i dont like that we might not be able to play pre-owned games that suck's
Back to top Go down
D4WES
Novice User

LNG Points : 51
LNG Rep : 0

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 15:37

I never buy pre-owned games so I initially thought that this wouldn't affect me, but who is going to buy the games I'm finished with ? Basically they want you to pay over the nose for games & then keep them for the rest of your life !!!
Back to top Go down
BlockyFuture
Novice User

LNG Points : 52

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 20:25

I hope they get rid of the MS points.
Back to top Go down
D4WES
Novice User

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? EmptyThu 26 Jan 2012, 21:00

It has been rumoured that MS points will be removed by the end of 2012 as Microsoft want the Windows Phone Marketplace to work in the same way as Apple & Android using real money.
Back to top Go down
chakkerz101
GFX Guru

LNG Points : 143
LNG Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 13:14

Surely they'll be shooting themselves in the foot if they go ahead with that? Who can afford to buy new all the time? Many folk who do are those that complete games in a week or two and sell/trade on again to get as much of their money back towards the next game. It can't be financially viable, can it? Might be time to switch console again if they go ahead with it.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/chakkers
SaNdMaN
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 13:34

I can't see it happening, to be honest. I would imagine that companies like LoveFilm and Blockbuster would have something to say about it...
Back to top Go down
chakkerz101
GFX Guru

LNG Points : 143
LNG Rep : 4

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? EmptyTue 14 Feb 2012, 13:54

Exactly. It affects too many people/businesses. There's no way they could do that and it not severely affect sales.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/chakkers
BlockyFuture
Novice User

LNG Points : 52

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? EmptyWed 15 Feb 2012, 17:33

They could also do with getting rid of the 'Rep' system as its a load of rubbish and not really of any use.
Back to top Go down
D4WES
Novice User

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 10:26

zigzag2429 wrote:
They could also do with getting rid of the 'Rep' system as its a load of rubbish and not really of any use.

No point in it what so ever. You can only see your own and it is heavily abused. The last time I checked my rep was something like 51% Bad Reputation over 4 years (thousands upon thousands of multiplayer gaming) & 11% of that was for Trash Talking when I only use my mic during Party Chat with friends... Unless you guys have given me a bad rep Shocked !!!
Back to top Go down
SaNdMaN
Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? EmptyFri 17 Feb 2012, 11:17

I'm 75% avoided for Trash Talking, and I only ever play in parties as well. I think it's little kids that can't cope with losing and giving you bad rep makes them feel better Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
SI7
Novice User

LNG Points : 32

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? EmptyMon 20 Feb 2012, 17:07

Great another xbox with more gadgets ..I wonder how many weeks this one will last before sending it back.lol lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?   Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system? Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Xbox to feature Blu-Ray and 'Anti-Used' system?
Page 1 of 1